Saturday, February 20, 2010
From Me to You Award
My real-life and blog friend, Nicole, passed this award to me a couple of days ago. I feel so bad that I'm just getting it on my blog and addressing it. I couldn't copy and paste the image, and Gib just helped me get it done.
I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself. This is kind of hard for me because I wrote these things a while back. Coming up with more stuff is challenging...well at least interesting or quirky things that you might enjoy...and things that I'm willing to share!
1. I'm a side sleeper. I can't sleep on my stomach and rarely on my back. Not only do I have to be on my side, but my fingers have to be curled up or tucked under the covers or my pillow. I had a recurring dream as a child that someone would cut off my fingers while I was asleep, hence the quirky habit of finger-hiding while sleeping.
2. I am a very social person. I love meeting new people and making new friends. While I don't mind being in a large group, I much prefer to be with you one-on-one.
3. My guilty pleasure is Diet Coke. I try to limit my intake. I'm not one who pops one right after another, but I do love me a good, cold fountain Diet Coke. And if it's from a can at home, I love it cold from the fridge and over ice, please!
4. Every time it rains, I want to curl up with a blanket and a good book. I have a wonderful memory from nursing school. I went to a then very small school, Georgia Baptist, which is now part of Mercer University. Our library wasn't much to write home about, mainly filled with nursing and medical books. There was a very small fiction area to choose from. I had just finished a really hard exam. It was cold and raining outside. I took my chances and browsed the small assortment of fiction. To my surprise, The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks was staring me in the face. I took it home, curled up on the sofa under a blanket, read the whole book in two hours and took a great nap when I was done. It is one of my fondest memories of a rainy day.
5. I love, love, love music. I think this comes from my dad being a musician. He was the lead singer and guitar player in a band for years before he died. I love all kinds of music. Country and Christian are my favorites, but I love anything with a good beat (I'm definitely a station surfer!). If a great song comes on the radio, I am notorious for turning up the volume several notches. If I'm in the car I really have to be careful...my foot gets heavier the louder the music is!
6. I hate, hate, hate to mop floors. I don't do it as often as I should because of this. If I could pay someone to come do just that for me, I most definitely would.
7. I'm not a big TV-watcher, but I do have a few favorites. Right now The Biggest Loser and Grey's Anatomy are at the top of my list. I also enjoy American Idol when they narrow it down to about 12. I DVR them so I can watch without the commercials. Commercials just annoy me!
There you have it. It's the best I could come up with today, especially because you already know so much about me! Nicole, thanks for thinking of me to pass this along to! I really do enjoy your blog!
It's a beautiful, sunny day here today. Jessica has softball evaluations this afternoon, but other than that, we don't have a thing going on. Very nice, I must say! I hope you all have a great weekend!